Back to top anchor
- Clubs need Rules as well as a Constitution so that Rules can be changed whereas to change the constitution is much more complicated.
- Regatta rules for keelboats should require that at least 50% of the crew is a member of the yacht club. This increases membership but does not prevent first timers.
- Engage mid - teens in becoming Assistant Club Instructors to maintain their interest especially if they are not high performers.
- All Children starting Learn to sail at a yacht club should be taken out in the rescue boat on the first day. They have a good time, feel safe, and see it being done by others of similar age.
- Clubs to include school in entry form and then send results to the school