Yachting New Zealand positions available
There are no vacancies with Yachting New Zealand at the time.
Other positions available
North Sails New Zealand
North Sails New Zealand is looking to employ more junior and experienced Sailmakers.
Don’t have experience? We can train you. All junior staff will be given the opportunity to complete the NZ Marine Certificate in Composite Sailmaking.
NSNZ specialized in finishing high end custom sails for our global network of customers, ranging from One Design dinghy classes to GP Custom Maxi Race Yachts and everything in between.
Contact Guy.Hewson@Northsails.com for more details.
Sail Northland head coach
Sail Northland are looking for an experienced centerboard sailing head coach for junior, youth and adult sailors.
Their current programme includes learn to sail classes for junior, youth and adults as well as performance sailing and have-a-go days.
The Sail Northland Charitable Trust team is based in Parua Bay, Northland, and is an important feature of the community. Whangarei is a vibrant town in Northland that offers cycle trails, amazing beaches, a variety of bush walks and water activities.
- Manage the current programme and, where appropriate, build and develop new programmes
- Mentor and guide coaches who are training for certification
- Build on the work that has been accomplished over the last five years and add to their friendly team
- Start date: October 1, 2021
They are open to a job share opportunity with the right applicants. See here for more information Sail Northland.
Please send your CV and cover letter by August 1, 2021 to: email@example.com
RNZYS Sailing Assistant
The sailing office at the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron are currently recruiting for a new sailing assistant to work in the busy sailing office.
Reporting to the sailing director and working alongside the race manager, this role plays a key part in the delivery of sailing at the RNZYS. This role is flexible, with hours focused around the RNZYS racing calendar and based off 40 hours per week.
- Admin support for all on-water activity for RNZYS in a way that enhances the strategic vision of the club
- Administration of all racing
- Administration of all cruising – sail and motor
- Sailing-specific training inclusive of youth
- Any future on-water special interest areas
Skills and qualities:
- A dynamic, proactive team player
- Friendly, confident communicator and used to dealing with a wide range of people
- Technology savvy
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Preferred but not essential:
- A background in sailing or boating
- Tertiary qualification in sports or event management
- Any Yachting New Zealand race management qualifications
- Wonderful team
- Great staff perks- like going sailing on your day off
- Free parking
- Staff incentives and reward schemes
- Staff discounts to use on all in-house products
- And more
See here for more details, including applying for the role. Applications close on July 4, 2021.
Nelson Yacht Club - Head Coach (Teams Racing Specialist)
The Nelson Yacht Club are looking for a head coach for the 2021-22 season, with a particular focus on teams racing.
This role primarily focuses on the planning and implementation of a comprehensive teams racing training and racing programme for the Nelson Bays Youth Team Racing Association (NBYTRA). It will also include instruction and coaching as part of the NYC sailing school and developing further coaching programmes.
- Independently and proactively plan, prepare and deliver a comprehensive programme of coaching and racing for teams from up to six local colleges in 420s
- Communicate effectively with the NBYTRA committee, team managers, captains, sailors and parents
- Coach, mentor and inspire sailors, tailoring your approach to different ages and ability levels
- Assist the club manager and chief instructor to develop and deliver coaching programmes to foster and develop the skills of NYC sailors across all classes
- Ensure an excellent culture of health and safety is maintained
- Create a fun, inclusive and welcoming environment for all members and visitors
- Oversee and undertake the maintenance of a fleet of 13 420 yachts.
- Plan and run school group taster sessions as part of a team
- Assist in running one of the country’s busiest learn to sail programmes
- Help mentor and develop young and less experienced coaches and instructors
- Travel to regional and national regattas as appropriate
- Support all club sailing activities
This is a part-time seasonal position or contracting opportunity from mid-September to April inclusive (the club closes for two weeks over the Xmas/New Year period).
The successful applicant will work an average of 30 hours per week across six days, including weekends and evenings, and further hours can be achieved through private coaching sessions. They will also be able to access dinghies, windsurfing and wingfoiling equipment and stand-up paddleboards for training and personal use.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand or be able to get a valid New Zealand work visa and a competitive remuneration package is negotiable based on qualifications, experience, and performance.
More information, including a job description, is available from Tim Fraser-Harris on 021 0250 3767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doyle Sails Sailmaking Apprenticeship
Doyle Sails are looking for practical and motivated individuals to join their sailmaking programme. Sailmaking remains one of the key avenues into professional yachting, mentorship and coaching.
Their people are at the core of our business and at Doyle Sails you can secure a career with opportunity for advancement.
No experience necessary, fulltime paid role, immediate start for successful candidates.
Waikato Thames Yachting Association
A dynamic coach is required for the upcoming season to deliver learn to sail courses, sailing experiences and Yachting New Zealand's new schools programme, Kokokaha - Powered by the Wind.
Based at Lake Ngaroto, but with some travel to other venues within the WTYA region, this position is over a normal working week which allows the successful applicant to pursue their own sailing endeavours.
An opportunity exists for the right person to develop a coaching career into a contractual business so must have an ability to inspire youth in a fun manner.
Apply in writing to email@example.com
TYPBC Sailing School Head Coach
We have an Exciting Coaching Job up for grabs! Do you have what it takes to help take our Club’s Sailing School to the next Level?
Tauranga Yacht and Power Boat (TYPBC) are looking to appoint a Full-Time qualified Head Coach to lead their Sailing Programme for the 2021 and 2022 season.
Based in Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand (only 2 ½ hours from Auckland); TYPBC has a strong history of producing Olympic and America’s Cup champions. Are you our next Coach to produce Amazing Sailors form the Bay of Plenty?
The TYPBC Sailing School offers Learn to Sail and Race Programmes to Youth and Adults in Optimist, Bic, P Class, Starling, Laser, Schools 420 team racing and Windsurfing along with school Sailing Taster Programmes.
This will be a Full Time Position with a great pay package. We can include accommodation with a spectacular View, use of a car and a competitive pay rate. This will all be up for discussion if you are lucky enough to get an interview with us.
We are interviewing NOW to appoint someone for our Upcoming Season. If you are interested in this role and want to find out more, or just simply want to apply for the role, please contact Jess – Sailing School Coordinator at Tauranga.firstname.lastname@example.org
Glendowie Boating Club Coaches
Glendowie is a friendly local club with great support with well established coaching programmes running on Sundays and Tuesday. Glendowie has a strong coaching team and pathway, successful race fleets, and opportunities for coach support through their wider mentorship and networks.
NZ Sailing Trust - Deckhands, 1st Mates and Skippers
The NZ Sailing Trust are seeking expressions of interest for deckhands, 1st mate and skippers on a paid casual or volunteer basis.
Skippers are required to have relevant sailing and skipper experience, hold an SRL and relevant endorsements.
Applicants would need to demonstrate a passion for sailing and working with youth.
The NZ Sailing Trust have been running sailing experiences for youth on two of New Zealand's most iconic boats - Lion New Zealand and Steinlager II - since 2008.
More information is available by contacting email@example.com or contacting Paul Powney on 022 424 5055.
Macandrew Bay Boating Club, Dunedin - Assistant Club Coach
Applicants must be familiar with coaching Optis, Bics, RS Feva and Sunburst.
For further Information please contact Ross Whitburn on (027) 432 3509