The NZCT regional development programme is a valuable resource that helps build the capability of clubs and regions.
Their goal is to make sailing and boating more visible, more accessible, help clubs offer better experiences and grow participation as a result.
There are four regional development managers (RDMs) covering the country over three regions; Northern, Central and the South Island. You can find contact details for each of the RDMs on our Yachting New Zealand staff page.
The main objectives of the role are set out in the job description, but in practical terms role is about
- Being a conduit between clubs and Yachting New Zealand
- Providing advice, ideas and share best practice
- Providing assistance with club health and safety management
- Providing access to resources
- Coordinating volunteer and coach training courses offered by Yachting New Zealand
- Helping clubs work together (including scheduling of events)
- Providing advice and guidance on running clubs and planning
- Promoting the sport and Yachting New Zealand
- Providing advice to clubs about their programmes and events
- Providing guidance around fundraising
- Helping link clubs to schools
Every region is different, thus the activities of each RDM will differ depending on the region.