Updated 23 February 2022
Yachting New Zealand and BLAKE have teamed up again and invite applicants for the 2022 BLAKE Inspire for Sailors programme - a five-day environmental leadership development adventure designed for emerging New Zealand sailors.
This is an opportunity for young sailors (Years 11-13) with a passion for the environment to follow in the footsteps of Sir Peter Blake himself. This year's course will run from May 15-19 and take place in and around Auckland.
You don’t have to be the next sailing champion - we’re looking for students of all sailing levels - but you DO need to have a sense of adventure, a curious mind that’s ready to learn and develop skills to lead positive change and a love of being out on the water.
It's a busy week, and will include sessions with leading environmentalists, sailing on Auckland's Hauraki Gulf, snorkelling in the Goat Island Marine Reserve, a visit to the stunning Tiritiri Matangi and learning about the legacy of Sir Peter Blake.
Each sailor will learn a considerable amount about the environment and the haste with which we need to act to minimise the impact of climate change.
- Applicants must be in Years 11-13 during 2022
- Applicants must belong to a Yachting New Zealand affiliated sailing club
- The programme will take place in Auckland from May 15-19, 2022
- The cost is $990 per delegate. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
- Applicants will need to organise their own travel to join the programme
- Up to 22 sailors will be selected for this programme
- Accommodation, meals and all activities are included in the price
- Applications close March 28, 2022
BLAKE website - Blake Inspire for Sailors