Yachting New Zealand and BLAKE have teamed up again and are inviting applicants for the 2023 BLAKE Inspire for Sailors programme - a five-day environmental leadership development adventure designed for emerging Kiwi sailors.
This is an excellent opportunity for young sailors (Years 11-13) to combine their passion for sailing and environmental sustainability - and follow in the footsteps of Sir Peter Blake himself. This year's course will take place in and around Auckland from May 8-12.
We are looking for someone with a sense of adventure and a curious mind, and someone who is ready to learn and develop skills to lead positive change.
The course includes two-and-a-half days on the water, combining sailing with ocean and coastal science on board Steinlager 2. We will visit Tiritiri Matangi, one of New Zealand’s oldest island sanctuaries, and other special places within Auckland's Hauraki Gulf.
Back on shore, there will be opportunities to meet members of Emirates Team New Zealand, High Performance Sport NZ, and leading environmental scientists and engineers.
- Applicants must be in Years 11-13 during 2023.
- Applicants must belong to a Yachting New Zealand-affiliated sailing club.
- The programme will take place in Auckland from May 8-12, 2023.
- The cost is $990 per delegate.
- Applicants will need to organise their own travel to join the programme.
- Up to 20 sailors will be selected for this programme.
- Accommodation, meals and all activities are included in the price.
- Applications close Friday 14 April, 2023.
For more information on BLAKE Inspire for Sailors, click here.