Yachting New Zealand have prepared standard documentation and useful resources for use by affiliated clubs, classes and race officials in the organisation of regattas.
Yachting New Zealand regulations and prescriptions
- YNZ regulations part 4: Administration of racing rules (includes appointment of national and international race officials, New Zealand representation, national and major event management, arbitration)
- Yachting New Zealand prescriptions 2017-2020
National championship / major event documentation
- Information for running an approved national championship
- YNZ regulation 4.5.4 (national and major event management) (details the criteria that must be met in order for an event to be approved as a national championship and for the winner to be recognised as the national champion)
- Guidelines for Insurance required for National events
- Major and national event application form (to be submitted to Yachting New Zealand for approval to hold a national championship by June 30)
- National event report form (fleet racing) (to be returned to Yachting New Zealand within two weeks of a national championships)
National event report form (teams sailing) (to be returned to Yachting New Zealand within two weeks of a national championships)
National event report form (match racing) (to be returned to Yachting New Zealand within two weeks of a national championships)
Race document templates
If you are organising racing and regattas, we recommend you use the following formats developed by our race management committee for both your notice of race and your sailing instructions or Appendix S supplementary sailing instructions.
- Template - YNZ standard notice of race (Updated July 2018)
- Template - YNZ standard sailing instructions (Updated July 2018)
- Template- YNZ appendix S supplementary sailing instructions (updated November 2017)
- Template - YNZ standard entry forms (updated July 2018)
- Course diagrams - a range of course diagrams that can be edited and added into your race documents to illustrate the course
- Race signals
- Protest form
- Race Management seminar guidelines
- Race Management of teams racing guidelines
Inclusive race officiating
Below are resources to help race officials who are running racing for sailors with a disability.
- Inclusion and awareness on the race course
- Inclusive regatta cheat sheet
- Information about classification
Many sailors with disabilities compete in open regattas. This information is a useful reference when writing a notice of race or sailing instructions.
Event management resources
World Sailing resources
- World Sailing Race Management Manual
- World Sailing Case Book- Interpretations of the Racing Rules
- World Sailing Call Book for Team Racing
- World Sailing Call Book for Match Racing
Embark - online learning
Embark is Yachting New Zealand’s online learning platform, providing greater access to opportunities for you to learn and develop your skills as a race official. Click here to access Embark.