These regulations are applicable to racing yachts and to New Zealand-registered cruising vessels leaving New Zealand.
The Yachting New Zealand Safety Regulations of Sailing 2021-2024
These regulations came into effect in January 2021 and are available to view electronically here
Yachting New Zealand Safety Regulations
- Part I Centreboard, Open Yachts and Sailboards
- Part II Offshore & Coastal Racing and Cruising
- Part III Pleasure craft departing New Zealand for overseas
- Part IV Motor yachts embarking on offshore passages
- Part V Trailer Yachts & Sports Trailer Yachts
- Part VI Sports Boats
- Part VII Sport Multihull Yachts
- SR Appendix 1 Medical Stores
- SR Appendix 2 Life Rafts and Grab Bags
- SR Appendix 3 Safety Harnesses and Tethers
- SR Appendix 4 Lifejackets, Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) and Lifebuoys
- SR Appendix 5 Yacht Manual Example
- SR Appendix 6 Advanced Sea Survival Training
- SR Appendix 7 Construction Standards
- SR Appendix 8 Flowchart to Category 1 Certification
Summary of changes
Please find a summary of the changes to the Yachting New Zealand Safety Regulations of Sailing 2021-2024 here.
Amendments to Safety Regulations of Sailing 2021-24
Yachting New Zealand safety regulations of sailing - part 1
Regulation for unballasted centreboards and open yachts, sailboards and ballasted yachts are found in the Yachting New Zealand Racing Rules of Sailing. The 2021-2024 regulations are available for download by clicking here.