2019 Yachting Developments New Zealand Match Racing National Championships
Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron
The event will be sailed in Elliott 7m Class Boats provided by the OA.
The number of crew (including the skipper) shall be Four (4) or Five (5). All registered crew shall sail all races. The maximum total crew weight, determined prior to racing shall be 350 kg, when wearing at least shorts and shirts.
Up to sixteen (16) skippers will be invited. Invitations will be first issued to:
- The winner of the 2018 New Zealand Match Race Championship (Josh Junior) or runner up (Chris Steele).
- Emirates Team New Zealand representative team.
- One RNZYS Youth Training Programme Team.
- One RNZYS Performance Programme Team.
- Winner of Harken NZ Secondary School Keelboat Championships 2019
- Three top teams from the NZ Match Racing Qualifying Regatta, held 3rd-4th Aug 2019.
- Five overseas skippers or skippers residing more than 500km from Auckland.
- Additional spots will be filled from those other entrants who put in an expression of interest form and don’t already qualify under the above criteria. Preference will be given based on World Sailing Match Racing Rankings.
To remain eligible a skipper shall confirm acceptance of invitation in writing to be received by the date specified on the letter of invitation. All competitors shall meet the eligibility requirements of World Sailing Eligibility Code, regulation 19.2. To be eligible to compete in this event each entrant and crew member shall be a financial member of a club recognised by the OA and crew member’s national authority.