Club Conference 2023
On May 27, 2023, the Yachting New Zealand Club Conference returned to its in-person format for the first time in five years following Covid-19 disruptions.
The event, held at Bucklands Beach Yacht Club, featured a range of speakers and topics – including:
- The role of data in understanding member needs (by Raynor Haagh, Yachting New Zealand)
- On-water safety (by Jason Lunjevich
and Sean Patterson, Maritime New Zealand)
- Gaming and grant funding (by Samantha Alexander, The Lion Foundation)
- Changes to the Incorporated Societies Act (by Nik Burfoot and Dave Smith, Yachting New Zealand)
- An Introduction to Clean Clubs (by Natalia Groom, Yachting New Zealand)
- Online club tools (by Kirsten Moratz and Colin Rickett, Yachting New Zealand)
- Advocacy – The future of boating (by Jeremy Brabant, environmental law specialist)
- What is RŪNĀ? (by Dean Stanley, Yachting New Zealand)
Keynote speaker Professor Mark Orams addressed the issue of diversity, inclusiveness and sustainability in sailing.
Below you can find all material from the conference.