AON CUP Club Challenge
Does your club have what it takes to win?
The Nelson Bay Cruising Club is proud to announce a new club race challenge, the Aon Cup trophy, taking place Friday 19th – Tuesday 23rd January 2024.
Designed to challenge all New Zealand Yacht Club’s racing fleet, against the best boats and crew in Tasman Bay. The Aon Cup Trophy will run alongside the main Evolution Sails Nelson Regatta in January 2023. Aon New Zealand will be the main sponsor - which is proud to support local communities. The winning Club takes home a prize worth $1000 divided between the two winning boats plus a large Trophy.
We are using Race Track Handicap for all keelboatsDivision 1 Romeo> 0.800 Division 2 Juliette> 0.600 to 0.800
The club must have a minimum of one keelboat in each division.
The club shall enter keelboats into two divisions.
Friday 19th January (Evening)
- Rum Race in the harbor kicks off for all entrants
Saturday 20th January (Day 1)
- Round buoys racing for keelers – perfect as a practice with your crew.
- Annual Wellington to Nelson
Sunday 21st January (Day 2)
- Romeo & Juliet divisions: 3 rounds of cans races
Monday 22rd January
- Keelers set off across Tasman Bay for a 2-day coastal race (this includes a night and a beach party in Anchorage in Abel Tasman National Park).
Tuesday 23th January
- Boat racing back to Nelson.
Please ensure you’ve read the rules for qualifying. Please register with your club.
Register now and receive your early bird discount on boats entered.
Club Manager Tasman Bay Cruising Club