RACE COACH COURSE - $175
- Club safetyboat course
- Intermediate sailing ability
- Confidence in and around the water
- At least 16 years of age
- Learn to Sail (Dinghy) Coaching Course (one of Buddy, Assistant, or LTS Coach qualifications)
How to sign up:
- You must be logged in to the YNZ website to register, to create an account please click on the little person icon in the top right hand corner of your screen. Then fill in the registration form at the bottom of this page
- If registering more than one person, each person must have a unique login to the website, including a unique email (preferably personal, and not a parent’s email)
- Payment can be done through the registration process
- Once you have registered, you MUST email Coach Development Manager Kirsten Moratz at firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to the course
- Once you have completed the online portion, you are required to complete an on-water follow up for assessment to receive your qualification
Terms and Conditions:
- Please see https://www.yachtingnz.org.nz/terms-and-conditions for terms and conditions (including refunds).
- Payment before the course is required to ensure your spot.
PLEASE BE AWARE our current online learning system is not perfect, and does not mark all answers properly. Please do not panic if it appears like your ‘score’ is not correct, that is normal and not indicative of your true score.
If you register, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to these terms. Please contact the Coach Development Manager at email@example.com with any questions.
On water assessment options:
Once you have completed your online learning component, email the Coach Development Manager to schedule your assessment. The options are as follows:
o On water mentorship with a coach developer at your club (min 4 race coaches)
o At a regatta attended by the coach development manager
o By submitting video and reflective notes on your coaching process