New Zealand sailing is on a high but it's important to sustain success which is why the appointment of a Yachting New Zealand youth coordinator is a critical one.
The youth coordinator would support Yachting New Zealand's talent development manager and head youth coach to deliver a successful and sustainable, world-leading youth programme.
Yachting New Zealand's high performance visions is to "maintain Olympic yachting as a multiple-medal-winning sport in New Zealand". This Auckland-based fulltime role will support the high performance programme to deliver on three key goals:
- To deliver a successful youth programme in line with Yachting New Zealand's high performance programme's purpose, philosophy and values
- To help the talent development manager develop youth sailors who can win medals at youth world championships
- To develop future Olympic campaigners
The successful applicant will also organise and manage the Oceanbridge NZL Sailing Regatta, this country's premier Olympic and youth classes regatta, as well as the Yachting New Zealand youth trials.
That means we're looking for a good all-rounder, someone who is organised and passionate about winning, has good communication skills and can form successful relationships with key individuals from sailors to stakeholders.
This role requires the following experience and skills to meet the expectations of the role:
- Experience in the sport of sailing
- Strong understanding of Yachting New Zealand's youth and Olympic pathways
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong networking and the ability to form relationship
- Experience in working with young athletes and adults
- Experience with the principles and practices of boat maintenance
- Ability to travel overseas and work weekends
- Have a reasonable level of fitness and strength
See the link for a full job description.