Yachting New Zealand are looking for a strategic engagement coordinator, with a particular focus on high performance outcomes.
This new position fixed-term position will be based at Yachting New Zealand's Auckland headquarters and is funded for an 18-month period by High Performance Sport New Zealand's Women in High Performance Sport Residency Fund.
Yachting New Zealand’s vision is to help New Zealanders access, enjoy and succeed on the water for life. Those three tenets are interlinked and, done well, will see people engaged in the sport for life.
This position is of critical importance to help deliver on Yachting New Zealand’s newly created Women and Girls in Sailing strategy and on our wider strategic direction and high-performance strategy. The strategy was launched earlier this year to gain a greater understanding of the barriers to attracting more female participants, and to learn how to retain those already sailing and advance equal opportunities.
- Lead the implementation of Yachting New Zealand’s Women and Girls in Sailing strategy, including delivering on the strategy’s key high-performance programme objectives and external communication requirements.
- Contribute towards the delivery of Yachting New Zealand’s strategic direction with a focus on supporting initiatives that enable the identification, development and retention of high potential female sailors, coaches and officials so that they are ready for the high performance environment
- Help shape quality personal development programmes in conjunction with sailors, coaches, and leaders within the sport
- Support and learn from everyone within the Yachting New Zealand leadership team with a priority on working with the High-Performance Director, National Sport Development Manager, Communications Manager and the Women’s Sailing Manager
- Support the Communications Manager by contributing regular communications, both internally and externally, which support Yachting New Zealand’s strategic direction.
Women in High Performance Sport Residency Fund
High Performance Sport New Zealand’s Women in High Performance Sport Residency Fund is to accelerate highly-capable and talented women into high performance leadership and coaching positions.
The residency fund will establish a diverse cohort of talented, capable, future female leaders and high performance coaches through offering 18 month, fixed term employment opportunities within national sporting organisations (NSOs) high performance programmes through a competitive funding and recruitment process.
The resident will also have access to additional professional development support through HPSNZ’s Women in High Performance Sport pilot project. This includes participating in a high performance sport focused women leadership residency programme, mentoring and networking opportunities, and a $10,000 professional development budget to support the delivery of their approved professional development plan.
In order to be eligible for a resident position, applicants must satisfy the below criteria:
- identify as a woman;
- be New Zealand citizen or have been granted permanent resident status; and
- be able to commit to the initiative for the full 18 month programme.
A full job description can be found here
Applications should be submitted to Dianne Logan and are due by January 24.