We like our boats at Yachting New Zealand and need someone to make sure a lot of our systems tick along the way they should.
We're looking for an administrator with a yachting background to support the organisation, particularly around big-boat sailing (keelboats, multihulls and trailer yachts), race officials and volunteer training.
The successful applicant will also work in the front of house, providing a professional and friendly face to everyone who contacts Yachting New Zealand and enquires about sailing and boating in this country.
Based in our Takapuna office, this is an exciting opportunity for a highly-organised administrator who has the ability to multi-task. It is a permanent and fulltime role.
You will be working closely within the team at Yachting New Zealand and support two important Yachting New Zealand committees - the Cruising, Inshore and Offshore Racing Committee and the Race Officials Committee – as well as overseeing the national events system.
You will also be responsible for:
- the Yachting New Zealand national boat register
- the national yacht handicapping system (PHRF)
- the implementation of race official and volunteer training
- keeping the Yachting New Zealand office humming
Your ideal background
Your can-do attitude, coupled with great interpersonal skills and attention to detail, will ensure you succeed in this role. You are customer centric, practical, logical and thrive on the challenge of working in a busy and varied position. We are also looking for:
- Experience in using a customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously while being part of a collaborative team
- A background in sailing and an understanding of the sport is preferable
If you want to know more, find the full job description in the PDF below.
And if you’re keen to join us, apply today. Please include your CV and a cover letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
Submit applications to Raynor Haagh, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: October 3, 2022.