Commodores and committee members are encouraged to register for a series of webinars hosted by Yachting New Zealand next month that replace the biennial commodores conference.
The Bucklands Beach Yacht Club were due to host this year's commodores conference but Covid-19 threw these plans into disarray and it was felt it would be both more cost effective and financially prudent to opt for a series of webinars instead.
This is an opportunity for not just commodores but also committee members to be a part of the conversation and be more informed, which is why it's been renamed this year to club conference. Yachting New Zealand also encourage clubs to nominate a young leader (under-25) to join the sessions.
Three webinars will be held covering a range of topics on three different evenings in August (7pm-8pm on August 12, 19 and 26) and will draw on Yachting New Zealand staff and industry experts.
"We're really looking forward to hosting these webinars," Yachting New Zealand national sports development director Raynor Haagh said. "It's a shame we won't be meeting face-to-face this year but we have put together a really good series that cover a variety of topics and draw on a number of experts that clubs will find very useful."
August 12 - Yachting New Zealand - what we do and what resources we have to help your club
- Staff introduction
- Yachting New Zealand tools and resources
- Using these to convert, upskill and retain volunteers
August 19 - The value of your club
- Do you know who your members are and the value proposition you offer?
- Insights and how to use them - Jack Lane from Sport New Zealand
- Communication tools and ideas to help promote your club
August 26 - Sustainability
- Fiscal - what funders are looking for, how to present to funders and what funding is available post-Covid
- Environmental - making more sustainable behaviours and decision making the norm at your club
Please sign up here for the webinars and let us know if you have any questions relating to the topics that will be covered.