Yachting New Zealand are excited to partner with BLAKE for the inaugural BLAKE Inspire for Sailors programme – a five-day environmental leadership development adventure designed for emerging New Zealand sailors.
This is an opportunity for young sailors (Years 11-13) with a passion for the environment to follow in the footsteps of Sir Peter Blake himself.
You don’t have to be the next sailing champion - we’re looking for students of all sailing levels - but you DO need to have a sense of adventure, a curious mind that’s ready to learn and develop skills to lead positive change and a love of being out on the water.
On this programme, delegates will learn about topical environmental issues from inspiring experts and heroes from within environmental and sailing communities; experience sailing on Auckland’s iconic Hauraki Gulf; snorkelling in the Goat Island Marine Reserve; learn about the legacy of Sir Peter Blake; and take part in restoration and volunteer projects.
Most importantly, attendees will return with incredible stories, new friends and networks and leadership capabilities and strategies to lead a sustainable future within their communities and sailing clubs.
- Delegates must be in Years 11-13 during 2019 to apply.
- Delegates must belong to a Yachting New Zealand affiliated sailing club.
- Programme will take place in Auckland from July 7-12, 2019.
- Cost is $750 per delegate + travel expenses for those coming from out of town. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
- Up to 25 sailors will be selected as delegates on this programme.
- Accommodation, meals and all activities during the programme are included in the price.
- Applications close 17 May 2019.To be eligible for a scholarship, submit applications by 10 May 2019.