Yachting New Zealand are excited to announce a new club judge course to be held in Auckland in mid-October, Covid permitting.
The course is free of charge to members of affiliated clubs and will be targeted at people on race committees, race officers, coaches and sailors with a general interest in the Racing Rules of Sailing and the protest procedure. It will not teach people to become rules experts, but those taking part will be able to become a go-to person in their clubs when issues about rules arise.
The course will teach students to:
- Know what to do when a protest is received
- Be able to keep their club’s protest procedures up to date
- Understand the important sailing rules as well as learn where to find rules and how to read them
- Learn about participating on a protest committee at club level, and how to write protest decisions
- Learn about arbitration
- Learn about redress
- Develop contacts for dealing with rules issues, as well as knowledge of the resources available
- Be able to give sailors a 'rules session' in their club
The club judge course will be taught in four evening sessions and it is recommended you attend all sessions.
Venue: Richmond Yacht Club
Dates: October 11-12 and October 18-19
Register for the course via this link to the Yachting New Zealand website.
- Photo: Live Sail Die.