Race officials make a huge contribution to yacht clubs and sailors around New Zealand and the following individuals recently qualified or renewed as a Yachting New Zealand race official.
Recently qualified or revalidated
- Bart Allsopp-Smith, Club Race officer, Pine Harbour Cruising Club
- Taylor Williams, Club Race officer, Pine Harbour Cruising Club
- Bill Whitiskie, National Race officer revalidation, Tauranga Yacht and Powerboat Club
- Richard Brown, National Race officer revalidation, Murrays Bay Sailing Club
- Richard Lane, National Race officer revalidation, Howick Sailing Club
- Michael Clark, Club Team Sailing Umpire, Glendowie Boating Club
- David Hogg, National Team Sailing Umpire, Nelson Bays Youth Teams Racing Association
- Derry Godbert, National Team Sailing Umpire revalidation, Kerikeri Cruising Club
- David McIntyre, National Judge revalidation, Royal Akarana Yacht Club
Winter is a great time to upskill yourself and your club members to ensure good quality and fair racing for the sailors.
Yachting New Zealand facilitate seminars and forums to train and develop race officials. There is no cost to attend for club members. See the Race officials training calendar for upcoming courses or to register your interest.
Race officials are qualified as being able to assist at either club, national or international level. Whether it’s helping out with local club racing or running major regattas, sailing races wouldn’t be possible without dedicated race officials.
See the race officials section of our website to find out how you can become a qualified race officer, judge or umpire or check that your information is up to date on our database.