Race officials make a huge contribution to yacht clubs and sailors around New Zealand and the following individuals recently qualified or renewed as a Yachting New Zealand race official.
Recently qualified or revalidated
- Blair Park, club judge, Panmure Lagoon Sailing Club
- Jim Park, national judge revalidation, Christchurch Yacht Club/ Lake Mahinapua Aquatic Club
- Don Le Page, national judge revalidation, Christchurch Yacht Club
- Viv Butcher, national race officer, Waikawa Boating Club
- John Montgomery, club match racing umpire, Royal New Zealand Yacht squadron
- John Grace, national match racing umpire, Paremata Boating Club
- Peter Stokell, club race officer, Christchurch Yacht Club
- Paul Davies, national race officer revalidation, Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Squadron/ Evans Bay YMBC
Winter is a great time to upskill yourself and your club members to ensure good quality and fair racing for the sailors.
Yachting New Zealand facilitate seminars and forums to train and develop race officials. There is no cost to attend for club members. See the Race officials training calendar for upcoming courses or to register your interest.
Race officials are qualified as being able to assist at either club, national or international level. Whether it’s helping out with local club racing or running major regattas, sailing races wouldn’t be possible without dedicated race officials.
See the race officials section of our website to find out how you can become a qualified race officer, judge or umpire or check that your information is up to date on our database.