Winter is the perfect time for clubs to be thinking about funding and the New Zealand Sports Foundation Charitable Trust have just launched BoostedSport, a new crowdfunding platform.
BoostedSport is Aotearoa’s only crowdfunding platform dedicated to getting homegrown play, active recreation and sport off the ground.
BoostedArts (for artists and creatives) was launched in 2013 and since then they’ve helped more than 1000 artists raise a combined $8.6 million for their projects across Aotearoa. They also enjoy an 85 percent success rate with campaigns.
BoostedSport will help you mould your project into a fully-fledged crowdfunding campaign. They don’t run your project for you, but their guidance is part of the package.
They bring play, active recreation and sports enthusiasts and their audiences closer together and rallies communities around making activity happen.
Here’s how the BoostedSport crowdfunding platform works:
- Mull over whether crowdfunding is right for you. Read How to Crowdfund with BoostedSport to get started
- Join BoostedSport and create a project profile
- Their crowdfunding experts will get in touch to help you start planning (do yourself a favour and allow at least 6-8 weeks for prep)
- Rally your community
- Launch your crowdfunding campaign with guidance from your BoostedSports mentor
Please contact your local regional development manager if you have any questions.
- Photo: The Queen Charlotte Yacht Club went through a major rebuild project a couple of years ago.