Andy Maloney - NZL Sailing Team Laser sailor and member of the NZL Sailing Team with Emirates Team New Zealand – files this report ahead of his first international trip for 2013…
My first overseas trip of 2013 is upon me, with less than 24 hours until I fly out!
After putting in a lot of hard work back here in New Zealand the last few months, both on the water and in the gym, I am really excited to head off and get into real competitive racing situations.
I’m going to be away from New Zealand for 100 days which will include seven international competitions, beginning in Oman on the 12th of March, and then spanning all over Europe for the rest of the trip.
Overseas regatta schedule - March, April, May, June;
- Mussanah Race Week; 12-16 March (Oman)
- Princess Sofia ISAF World Cup Regatta; 1-6 April (Spain)
- Semaine Olympic Francaise; 22-27 April (France)
- Garda Olympic Week; 8-12 May (Italy)
- Delta Lloyd Regatta; 21-25 May (Holland)
- Hoorne; 29-31 May (Holland)
- Sail for Gold; 9-13 June (England)