Ports of Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta 2020
Monday 27 February
The Ports of Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta is held each year to celebrate the birthday of the City of Sails, with watercraft of all shapes and sizes putting to the water across the Waitemata Harbour and Hauraki Gulf under paddle, sail and steam power. The 2020 regatta will mark the 180th edition of this much-loved event.
Centreboard classes are racing at different clubs around Auckland.
- Manly Sailing Club will host the O’Pen Skiff and RS Feva fleets
- Maraetai Sailing Club will host the Optimist, Optimist green and Optimist white fleets, along with the Starling and 29er fleets.
- Takapuna Boating Club are hosting senior dinghy classes, and foiling classes including Waszps, Kitefoilers and windfoilers.
- Wakatere Boating Club are hosting Sunbursts
- Tamaki Yacht Club will host the Laser, Mistral, Phase II and Finn classes.
Full details of clubs and classes taking part can be found on the regatta website at www.regatta.org.nz.
The classics, keelboats and tugboats will compete in the inner Waitemata, and there will be passage races from Mahurangi, Kawau and Rakino, finishing at Westhaven. Entries for these events can be made online now via the website at www.regatta.org.nz/enter.