Yachting New Zealand coaching qualifications may be gained by providing proof of prior learning.
If you would like to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) please send the information below to YNZ's Coaching Development Manager. YNZ does not have a direct transfer with any other country's qualifications, each person will need to apply individually.
RPL to become a Yachting New Zealand qualified coach:
To become a Yachting New Zealand Coach you need to complete/send in the following:
- Completed Application Form
- A reference of coaching skills from a club you have worked at.
- Include your coaching CV
- Include your sailing CV
- Assessment guideline
- Proof of Powerboat handling skills, a reference or qualification will do.
- Copy of qualifications already received
- Payment of $ 57.00 incl GST
(This includes certificates, and a copy of the Yachting New Zealand coaching materials for the relevant course)