Yachting New Zealand coaching qualifications may be gained by providing proof of prior learning.
Yachting New Zealand does not have a direct transfer with any other country's qualifications, each person will need to apply individually.
Anyone applying for a recognition of prior learning (RPL) for a Yachting New Zealand qualification will be required to complete the online learning module “Coaching Yachting 101” to familiarise themselves with New Zealand safety guidelines and coaching standards, and the online module “Child Safeguarding”.
If your international qualifications have expired or it has been more than 4 years since you last coached, you may be required to complete a Yachting New Zealand coaching course.
If you would like to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) please send the information below to YNZ's Coaching Development Manager:
- Completed Application Form
- A reference of coaching skills from a club you have worked at
- Include your coaching CV
- Include your sailing CV
- Proof of powerboat handling skills (a reference or qualification will do)
- Copy of relevant qualifications (current and expired)
- Payment of $ 100.00 incl GST