Tom has been a regular on the world Laser circuit since 2012 but had a breakthrough season in 2017, beating a quality field at Enoshima Olympic Week - the venue for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics - and consistently finishing near the front of the fleet at other major regattas.
The Tauranga sailor had previously won the Laser Radial title at the 2010 Youth Sailing World Championships.
2019 Laser European Championships - 15th
2019 Hyeres Regatta - 7th
- 2019 World Cup Series Miami - 27th
- 2018 sailing world championships - 14th
- 2018 Oceanbridge NZL Sailing Regatta - 1st
- 2018 World Cup Series Miami - 7th
- 2017 Sail Sydney - 2nd
- 2017 Enoshima Olympic Week - 1st
- 2018 World Cup Series Gamagori - 8th
- 2017 World Championships test event - 4th
- 2017 Laser World Championship - 8th