Tom has been a regular on the world Laser circuit since 2012 but had a breakthrough season in 2017, beating a quality field at Enoshima Olympic Week - the venue for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics - and consistently finishing near the front of the fleet at other major regattas.
The Tauranga sailor had previously won the Laser Radial title at the 2010 Youth Sailing World Championships.
- 2018 sailing world championships - 14th
- 2018 Oceanbridge NZL Sailing Regatta - 1st
- 2018 World Cup Series Miami - 7th
- 2017 Sail Sydney - 2nd
- 2017 Enoshima Olympic Week - 1st
- 2018 World Cup Series Gamagori - 8th
- 2017 World Championships test event - 4th
- 2017 Laser World Championship - 8th