Molly Meech is the tall, powerhouse on board New Zealand’s 49erFX women’s skiff crew to go to Rio 2016. It was Molly’s (and sailing partner Alex’s) first Olympic Games.
Molly comes from a sailing family and spent much of her childhood on the family cruising yacht going on to take up competitive sailing at the Tauranga Yacht & Powerboat Club following in the footsteps of her older brother Sam, who is an NZL Sailing Team Laser campaigner.
Sailing in the single-handed Laser Radial during her youth years Molly represented New Zealand at the World Sailing Youth Championships twice. When the 49erFX skiff was announced as an Olympic event in 2013 Alex and Molly quickly launched their Olympic campaign and went on to win the inaugural 49erFX World Championship crown that year.
49erFX Coach, Jim Maloney supports Molly and Alex.
- 2016 Rio Olympic Games - Silver
- 2016 Sailing World Cup Weymouth & Portland - 2nd
- 2016 Sailing World Cup Hyeres - 9th
- 2016 49er & 49erFX European Championship, Barcelona - 5th
- 2016 49er & 49erFX World Championship, Clearwater - 8th
- 2016 World Sailing Cup Miami Champions
- 2015 Olympic Test Event - 4th
- 2015 World Sailing Cup Weymouth - Silver
- 2014 Olympic Test Event, Rio - Silver
- 2014 49erFX European Championship - Bronze
- 2013 49erFX World Champion
- 2013 49erFX European Championship - Bronze
- 2013 ISAF Sailing World Cup Hyeres 49erFX Champion
- 2011 ISAF Youth World Sailing Championships, Laser Radial - 12th
- See full results history here