An exciting talent, Hobbs is a former 29er world champion and represented New Zealand at the 2017 youth world championships. She was also selected for the 2021 Youth America's Cup before it was cancelled due to Covid-19.
After a successful period sailing with Crystal Sun, Hobbs teamed up with Olympic silver medallist Alex Maloney in the 49er FX in early 2022 after they previously sailed together as training partners. The pair soon impressed, with top 10 finishes at last year’s French Olympic week, the 49er FX European championships, the 49er FX North American championships, and the 2022 class world championships.
Hobbs and Maloney will start the 2023 European season in promising form after overall victories at the New Zealand 49er FX national championships and the Oceanbridge NZL Sailing Regatta.
- 2023 Oceanbridge NZL Sailing Regatta (49er FX): 1st
- 2023 NZ 49er FX national championships: 1st
- 2022 World championships (49er FX): 8th
- 2022 North Ame4rican championships (49er FX): 6th
- 2022 European championships (49er FX): 10th
- 2022 French Olympic week (49er FX): 9th
- 2022 Oceanbridge NZL Sailing Regatta (49er FX): 2nd
- 2022 NZ 49er FX national championships: 1st
- 2018 World championships (29er): 1st