Josh is back for another crack at an Olympic medal in the Finn after finishing seventh at the 2016 Rio Olympics. He will do it this time as an America’s Cup winner after helping Emirates Team New Zealand claim the Auld Mug in Bermuda in 2017.
Josh’s initial pathway was in the Laser, where he climbed to second on the world rankings, but he narrowly missed out on selection for the 2012 London Olympics and soon switched to the heavyweight dinghy.
He won the 2016 Princess Sofia Regatta in March, interrupting the unbeaten track record of Briton Giles Scott, and was fourth at both the 2016 Finn European Champs and World Cup regatta in Hyeres.
Josh grew up in Wellington and started sailing a Sunburst with his father at the age of five before moving into an Optimist, then P-Class and 420 before finding his feet in the Laser.
2018 sailing world championships - 4th
2018 World Cup Series Final - 2nd
2018 Kiel Week - 1st
2018 Oceanbridge NZL Sailing Regatta - 1st
2017 America’s Cup winner
2016 Rio Olympic Games - 7th
- 2016 Sailing World Cup, Hyeres - 4th
- 2016 Princess Sofia Regatta - 1st
- 2016 European Championships - 4th
- 2015 Rio Test Event - 5th
- 2015 Finn European Championship - 2nd
- 2014 Finn World Championship - 5th
- 2014 Rio Olympic Test Event - 9th
- 2013 ISAF Sailing World Cup Test Event, Santander -1st
- 2013 Finn Gold Cup - 9th
- 2013 Finn European Championship - 5th
- 2013 ISAF Sailing World Cup Hyeres - 3rd