More than $400,000 in funding is available as part of the first round of this year's Auckland Regional KiwiSport Funding.
The $411,006.69 will be distributed on a contestable basis, with expressions of interest open until Thursday, March 8. Those whose expression of interest are accepted will be sent the details to complete the full application by March 29.
Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund is seed funding, and is not designed to resource the same initiative long term - applicants can apply to have their project funded for up to three years’ duration.
- Be delivered to school-aged children (5–18 years old)
- Be delivered in two or more RST boundaries
- Meet one or more KiwiSport outcomes
- Meet one or more regional priorities
- Increase the numbers of school-aged children participating in organised sport - during school, after school and by strengthening links with sports clubs
- Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children to participate in organised sport
- Support school-aged children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in organised sport
For more information, see here.