The Bucklands Beach Yacht Club are looking for a senior sailing coach for the 2018-19 season.
Job Position: Senior Sailing Coach
Start Date: September 2018
Apply CV: Please send CV to Sarah Jane Fairley firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17th August 2018
Expressions of interest are invited for the position of Senior Sailing Coach at the Bucklands Beach Yacht Club.
Bucklands Beach Yacht Club is based in Half Moon Bay, Auckland, and sail out of the Tamaki River area. Bucklands Beach Yacht Club is one of Auckland’s few sailing academies that cover everything from junior learn to sail to adult learn to sail; and also focuses on the school team's racing programme. We also have a centreboard division where the children train to race in the Optimist, Bic, Feva and other classes.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and well organised person who is a skilled sailing coach. The successful candidate will have skills such as great communication and a team builder to continue coaching our successful sailing programmes.
- Learn to sail programmes during the season.
- Holiday programmes & weekend coaching programmes.
- Developing the skills of sailors through Yachting New Zealand learn to sail programme.
- Focus on junior and youth fleet, including Optimists, Bic and Feva.
- School team's racing coaching in our 420s.
- Our school 'have a go' programme.
- Travelling away to regattas as required by the club.
- Mentoring young sailors.
- Adult learn to sail level 1 & 2 in our J24 keelboats. (would be an advantage)
- Yachting New Zealand lean to sail coach 1 & 2
- Yachting New Zealand race coach
- Yachting New Zealand keelboat coach
- Powerboat drivers qualifications
- Current St Johns first aid certificate
This is a role which will be primarily based at weekends for approx. 7 hours either Saturday or Sunday, and requires the coach to be available for our different activities over the season and be available to work weekends, with some week day work as required.