Nelson Watersports are looking for a talented and experienced teams racing coach to join the team in Nelson, providing coaching for the Nelson Bays Youth Teams Racing Association.
In particular, they are looking for someone who can bring a wealth of competitive racing and coaching experience to help further develop their sailors.
They have seen a dramatic increase in the level of some of their college teams during the 2017/18 season, with improved rankings and performance at the Top of the South regional championships and national championships, with one team in the top 10 and a young team winning silver fleet.
- Independently and proactively plan, prepare and deliver a comprehensive programme of coaching and racing for teams from up to six local colleges in 420s.
- Coach, mentor and inspire sailors, tailoring your approach to different ability levels.
- Oversee and undertake the maintenance of a fleet of 13 420 yachts.
- Help to foster and develop the skills of all sailors at Nelson Yacht Club and NBYTRA.
- Plan and run school group taster sessions as part of a team.
- Assist in running one of the country’s busiest learn to sail programmes.
- Help mentor and develop young and less experienced coaches and instructors
- Travel to regional and national regattas as appropriate.
- This is a part-time seasonal position from October to April inclusive.
- Normally six days per week, including weekends and evenings.
- There is no guaranteed minimum number of hours, however, as a guide, this year the coach averaged 20-30hrs per week during school terms and 40hrs per week during January.
- Further hours are available if the candidate is also a windsurfing instructor/coach
- A competitive remuneration package is negotiable based on qualifications, experience, and performance
- Work in a friendly team environment
- Access to windsurfing equipment and stand up paddleboards free-of-charge
A job description is available on request. Contact Tim Fraser-Harris on +64 21 025 03767 or email@example.com for more information.