(Photo: Sailing Energy / World Sailing)
HIGH PERFORMANCE PROGRAMME MANAGER
LOCATION: AUCKLAND, Takapuna
About Yachting New Zealand
Yachting New Zealand is the National Sports Body for the sport of sailing and boating at all levels. Yachting New Zealand are a non-profit organization who represents the needs and interests of member clubs, classes, organisations and their members from grass roots upwards. Yachting New Zealand’s High Performance Vision is to ‘Maintain Olympic Yachting as a multiple medal winning sport”
The primary purpose of the High Performance Programme Manager’s position is to be the primary point of contact to enable the effective operationalisation of the high performance programme strategy. The manager will ensure that our sailors and coaches get the performance and operational support they need to run their campaigns in line with the Yachting High Performance Programme to deliver on its 3 key goals:
- To win multiple medals at World Championships, Olympic and Paralympic Games
- To fast-track identified high potential campaigns
- To develop future world champions, Olympic and Paralympic campaigns
The role will work alongside the High Performance Director and all other Yachting New Zealand coaches and sailors to learn and further develop programme plans and initiatives that will allow Yachting New Zealand to stay ahead of the rest of the world.
Key attributes / experience to be successful in the role will be:
- A passion for yachting and in particular Olympic class yachting
- Demonstrated experience of working effectively with other performance enhancement team members
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organising and implementing successful campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in establishing systems and processes that enable operationalisation of strategic plans
- Administration and financial management skills
- Logistics expertise and experience
- Be a resourceful and innovative problem solver who can respond positively to challenges and change
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the high performance programme of one of New Zealand’s most consistently successful and popular sports.
Applicants for this role must have the required residency status to be able to legally work in New Zealand.
Please contact David Abercrombie for more information or to submit your application with your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 5:00pm on 6th June 2017