This course is an introduction to Keelboat Sailing. The topics covered include:
- Hazards, equipment, parts of the boat and sailing definitions
- Hoisting and changing the mainsail and basics of sail trim and telltale use.
- Avoiding collisions and recovering a man overboard
- Understanding weather forecasts and the clothing suitable for different conditions
- Learning a variety of knots and their uses
- Performing all roles associated with tacking, gibing and other crew positions of a boat
- A knowledge of the ‘Give Way’ rules