How to Have a Go!:
1. Send us a Booking form
2. We will get in touch to confirm dates and provide more information.
3. The 'Schools Registration Package' will be emailed to you once your dates have been confirmed. Included in the registration pack is
- Student Registration Form, detailing the full class list of who will be attending- returned to YNZ at least one week prior to your scheduled days.
- Each child will also need to have a completed Parent/Guardian Consent Form to bring with them on their sailing day. This includes information about what to bring on the day
- Risk Management Plan
4. Go sailing and have lots of fun!!!
Schools participating in Volvo Sailing... Have a Go! are responsible for:
Transport of the participants to and from the venue.
Providing at least one teacher or parent to be present during the course of the programme. We recommend that the teacher/parents that will be attending are enthusiastic and prepared to get involved with the programme. They are welcome to come out on the water and Have a Go! as well.
Completing and sending Yachting NZ the student registration form which gives a detailed list of the participants and the teacher/parent responsible. This must be provided no later than one week prior to the booking.
Fees are $18 per child for the half day session and $28 per child for full day sessions.
Cancellation Policy: Due to the high demand for this programme a minimum of 4 weeks notice is required. Should a booking be cancelled less than 4 weeks from the booking date a charge of $180.00 will apply.
What resources does Yachting New Zealand supply?
Sailboats- Six Optimist Dinghies, Two Topper Taz dinghies, One WETA Trimaran
One coach boat
Fun water toys
All the necessary clothing/safety equipment including lifejackets/ spray tops/ wetsuits.
All of this sailing equipment is transported in a fully enclosed 6.5 metre trailer to the sailing venue by our fully qualified coach.
Did you know this programme is inclusive?
One of the boats used in this programme, the Weta Trimaran, can be easily modified for people with a disability to take part in the sport alongside their peers. Our coaches have all completed the Inclusive Coaching Module, training stemmed from best practice of the Halberg Disability Sport Foundation. This training enables our instructors to be confident, knowledgeable and creative in adapting the programme to suit children with a disability- and nobody is left behind watching.
Sound like something you want to be a part of?
Contact Danika at Yachting New Zealand on (09) 361 4028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org