Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th July- Ponsonby Cruising Club
Race Management Seminars are a two day, classroom based course targeted at anyone interested in learning or improving the knowledge and skills required to undertake any of the on the water duties to run round the buoys type yacht races.
Attending a race management seminar and passing the exam is a prerequisite to becoming qualified or revalidated as a Yachting New Zealand Club Race Officer or National Race Officer. There will be an opportunity for attendees to sit the Race Officers test at the end of the seminar.
There is no cost to attend this seminar.
Sessions will include:
- Terminology, governing rules, event structure, Notice of Race and sailing
- Types of courses and aids to assist course laying.
- The issues and mitigations when starting races
- Possible race management interventions during a race
- Finishing issues and scoring
- Common judgment calls and possible solutions
Spaces are limited. Register by filling out the online form below, or download the Registration form and return to Yachting NZ.