Yachting New Zealand Positions
Talent Development Manager, Yachting New Zealand
LOCATION: AUCKLAND, Takapuna
ABOUT YACHTING NEW ZEALAND
Yachting New Zealand is the national sports organisation for the sport of sailing at all levels. Yachting New Zealand are a non-profit organisation and represent the needs and interests of member clubs, classes, organisations and their members from grassroots upwards. Yachting New Zealand’s high performance vision is to ‘maintain Olympic yachting as a multiple medal-winning sport in New Zealand’.
The primary purpose of the talent development manger’s position is to lead Yachting New Zealand’s talent development programme and pathway, and provide expert coaching across all levels from youth to Olympic in line with the yachting high performance programme to deliver on their three key goals:
1. To win multiple medals at world championships, Olympic and Paralympic Games
2. To fast-track identified high potential campaigns (consistently convert young campaigns into the NZL Sailing Team)
3. To develop future Olympic campaigners
The role will work alongside the high performance director and all other Yachting New Zealand coaches to learn and further develop programme plans and initiatives that will allow Yachting New Zealand to stay ahead of the rest of the world. The role will be responsible for effectively developing sailors for future high performance success, including preparing athletes to transition from youth to Olympic classes and mentoring ‘Fast Track’ campaigns. You will also maintain constant personal development through interaction and communication with Olympic coaches and High Performance Sport New Zealand.
Key attributes / experience to be successful in the role will be:
- Sound leadership and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organising and implementing successful campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in working with and mentoring young sailors
- Demonstrated experience coaching High Performance sailors at National and International level
- Demonstrated communication skills with a wide range of people in all situations
- Demonstrated experience in project management and planning skills
- Be a resourceful and innovative problem solver who can critically analyse performance
This is a unique opportunity to be part of one of New Zealand’s most consistently successful and popular sports.
Please contact Ian Stewart, High Performance Director, for more information.
Submit your application with cover letter to: Dianne Logan - firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 5.00pm – 16th March 2018
Other Yachting Positions
There are currently many coaching posistions heading into the new season. Please get in touch with Gareth the Coach Development Manager at Yachting New Zealand to discuss these opportunities.
NEW RETAIL ASSISTANT
Zhik NZ are the leaders in dinghy sailing gear (winning choice of Olympic and World Champions) and off-shore sailing gear (winning leading international marine awards and worn by two of the current Volvo Ocean Racing teams). We are in an exciting growth space and are looking for another Sale Assistant to join our awesome team at our flagship store in Victoria Park Village, Auckland.
We’re after someone who has a passion for sailing and other water sports, who will share that passion when discussing our products with our customers and who has a driven and reliable head on their shoulders to do themselves (and our business) proud.
Previous retail experience will be an advantage. But is not a requirement. If you are passionate about what we do and about our core products, with a drive to succeed, we will provide full training in a supportive team environment.
The New Zealand Sailing Trust was inspired by the adventures of Sir Peter Blake and his racing teams. We exist to ensure that key yachts from that history are preserved and sailing adventures are developed and delivered on board to help inspire the next generation.
The NZ Sailing Trust is seeking a skipper / maintenance manager to deliver the trust's sailing programme to youth, community organisations and corporate charters and to maintain and develop the trust's maintenance programme for the trust's vessels. The NZ Sailing Trust is a not-for-profit charitable trust that owns and operates two iconic sailing vessels, Steinlager 2 (84ft) and Lion New Zealand (80ft).
Core competencies you will require:
- Skippers Restricted Limits Ticket (SRL) with a P Endorsement, <24m endorsement or >24m <500GT Endorsement Big boat sailing experience or a ring fenced equivalent
- Offshore Medic Qualification
- Ability to manage/complete the maintenance of our vessels
- Experience working with, instructing and relating to young people.
- Appropriate level of medical and physical fitness for carrying out the required work
- Minimum of first aid certificate (coastal medic preferred)
- Ability to keep timely and accurate records
- Good communication, time-keeping and personal presentation.
Operating in the Great Hauraki Gulf you could be away for up to five nights sailing. You must be able to demonstrate a skillset to sail a large maxi, manage and lead a small team of crew and have a passion for sailing and working with youth.
For more information, email: email@example.com or contact him on 022 424 5055
Ponsonby Cruising Club
Sailing School Manager
They would be responsible for;
Overall running of the Sailing School
Organising Sailing School Calendar
Roster organisation of Coaches
Ensuring that all Coaches are trained
Full contact with clients – following up on emails and telephone enquiries
Both Adult and Junior classes
Maintenance issues would involve a report or email to Vice commodore who would then arrange maintenance to be carried out
Monthly Report to the Sailing Committee
Reporting to Vice Commodore and Commodore
Contact Tania Ruri
Tania Ruri firstname.lastname@example.org
Sailing and Windsurfing coaches wanted
If you are a windsurfing or sailing coach that is able to inspire sailors of all ages to get out on the water and would like a coaching opportunity this coming season, Maraetai Sailing Club are looking for coaches for the following programmes: learn to sail, learn to race, advanced sailing, learn to windsurf, advanced windsurfing. Ongoing coach development will be provided. Experience driving a powerboat is necessary, coaching qualifications preferred but will provide coach training.
Club meet times are Sunday mornings 8:30 until 12:30 and Tuesday evenings 5pm until 7:30, availability for both is not necessary
If you are interested or require more details call Chris Wood, 0210714354