Embark is Yachting New Zealand’s online learning platform.
Embark provides greater access to opportunities for you to learn and develop your skills as a coach, race official or club volunteer. With Embark, you can now learn at a time and place that suits you, at a pace that meets your increasingly busy life.
Embark is designed to build the capability of club members, volunteers, sailors, coaches and race officials with ease.
What online learning is currently available?
Currently there are courses available for aspiring Coaches and Race Official volunteers
- Coaching 101 - an overview of what makes a good coach. What qualities are good to have, what needs to be worked on, and understand the different roles you might play as 'coach'. This course also covers good behaviours a coach should display and a module on safety.
- Start...Officiating! - an introduction to the concepts and knowledge required to become a qualified Race Official (Race Officer, Judge or Umpire) or competent on water volunteer
More pathways and modules will be added as content is created including courses for club administrators/committees on health and safety management.
Who can use Embark?
You will need to register with Yachting New Zealand to receive a username and password to access to Embark.
If you already have a user name/password, Click here to Embark on your journey...
How much does it cost?
Club volunteers/ race officials
- For members of an affiliated yacht club, there is no cost.
- For non-members, there is a $20 course fee.
Coaching 101 $15
- Coaching 101 is a prerequisite for the Yachting New Zealand Learn to Sail (Dinghy) Coach course, the cost of the online course is included in the LTS course fee.