The NZCT Regional Support Officer (RSO) programme is a programme to support clubs and regions in their growth and development, and with the promotion of sailing and regional initiatives. There are five regional support officers covering the country over four super regions; Northern, Central, Canterbury (including the upper South Island) and Otago / Southland. You can find the RSO's on our YNZ Staff page.
The main objectives of the role are set out in the job description, but in practical terms this support includes...
- On site contact with clubs at meetings, club days and events
- Attendance at Regional Yachting Association meetings as appropriate
- Promoting yacht clubs and their initiatives; helping to promote events such as regattas, training clinics, open days and fundraising activities
- Promoting and supporting Yachting New Zealand programmes in schools and developing links between clubs and schools
- Providing another link for clubs to Yachting New Zealand
- Assistance in organising coaching clinics
- Assistance in organising sessions to train instructors, coaches, race management volunteers and umpires
- Sharing of best practice ideas and continual development of the Yachting New Zealand Yacht Club Manual
- Assistance with gaining trust funding
- Assistance with resource management issues
- Assistance for yacht clubs in developing a website for increased access to information for the public
Each region is different, thus the activities of each RSO will differ depending on the region.
Documents for download...
This programme is funded by