Yachting New Zealand Positions
Other Yachting Positions
Wellington Youth Sailing Trust Coach 2017 – 2018
Expressions of interest close 15 April 2017
Expressions of interest are invited for the position of a Youth Scheme Coach for the Wellington Youth Sailing Trust.
The Wellington Youth Sailing Trust provides match racing training and skill development for youth sailors across the Wellington Region.
The Trust is committed to delivering a youth keel boat and match racing programme offered in the Wellington region to include a secondary school’s component, a youth women’s match racing component, an introduction to match racing programme offer to sailors from outside the Wellington region, winter sailing programme and an under 23 match racing squad.
There have been more than 900 participants in the youth development program to date. Our graduates have won prestigious regattas such as the Governor’s Cup in California and several graduates have gone on to elite international sailing careers. Josh Junior (Olympics 2016), Daryl Wislang (Volvo RTW races), Matt Steven (Youth Americas Cup) and Josh Porebski (NZ Sailing Team) are notable examples.
We are looking for a dynamic, skilled coach that is a great communicator and team builder to continue our successful coaching program.
- Running a number of match racing programs during the season.
- Implementing and running the weekly and weekend coaching program.
- Developing the skills of sailors to enable participation in national events
- School Teams sailing coaching.
- Traveling to away regattas as required by the Trust
- Mentoring young sailors and junior instructors.
This is a part time role (approx. 20 hours per week) and will require the coach to be available from April 2017. The term of contract will be from April 2017 through to the end of March 2018.
This role may be combined with the Wellington Youth Sailing Trust youth scheme programme manager\coordinator position.
Qualities & Experience:
- RYA Senior Sailing Instructor Certification or other recognized Association / Federation
- Level 2 RYA Sailing Certification (Race Coach)- Preferred, not required
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Race management background essential
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach and motivate students
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong personal sailing background
The Trust will offer a competitive package based on experience, ability, and performance.
For further information please contact:
Wellington Ocean Sports Manager – email@example.com
Expressions of interest close 15 April 2017.
An expression of interest along with your CV detailing your skills and experience should be sent to:
Wellington Ocean Water Sports
PO Box 9674
Wellington, New Zealand
Attn. WOWS Manager.