Yachting New Zealand Positions
Yachting New Zealand Youth Head Coach
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 5pm, Friday 10th February, 2017
LOCATION: AUCKLAND, Takapuna
ABOUT YACHTING NEW ZEALAND
Yachting New Zealand is the National Sports Body for the sport of sailing at all levels. Yachting New Zealand are a non-profit organization and represents the needs and interests of member clubs, classes, organisations and their members from grass roots upwards. Yachting New Zealand’s High Performance Vision is to ‘Maintain Olympic Yachting as a multiple medal winning sport in New Zealand’.
The primary purpose of the Youth Head Coach position is to lead, manage and support the National Youth Coaches and Sailors in line with the Yachting High Performance Programme to deliver on its 3 key goals:
- To win multiple medals at World Championships, Olympic and Paralympic Games
- To fast-track identified high potential campaigns (consistently convert young campaigns into the NZL Sailing Team)
- To develop future World Champion, Olympic and Paralympic campaigns (consistently win Youth Sailing World Championship medals whilst maintaining a healthy domestic Youth programme)
The role will work alongside the Talent Development Manager and all other Yachting New Zealand Coaches to learn and further develop programme plans and initiatives that will allow Yachting New Zealand to stay ahead of the rest of the world. The role will be responsible for effectively developing sailors for future high performance success, including preparing athletes to transition from Youth to Olympic classes and mentoring ‘Fast Track’ campaigns. You will also maintain constant personal development through interaction and communication with Olympic coaches and High Performance Sport NZ.
Key attributes / experience to be successful in the role will be:
- Demonstrated experience coaching elite sailors at National and International level
- Demonstrated experience leading a successful National Youth Sailing Programme
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organising and implementing successful campaigns
- Relevant Coaching Accreditation
- Demonstrated high level technical knowledge of sailing coaching principals
- An understanding of the on and off water needs of world class sailors and coaches
- Be a resourceful and innovative problem solver who can critically analyse performance
This is a unique opportunity to lead the High Performance Programme of one of New Zealand’s most consistently successful and popular sport.
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted to manage the recruitment process for this position.
Please contact Liz Perry – for more information or to submit your application with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 5.00pm – 10th February, 2017
Other Yachting Positions